Mexican Bean Soup With Guacamole
Mexican bean soup with Guacamole, is a hearty and flavorful dish that combines a variety of beans with a variety of vegetables and spices. The bean soup is a staple of Mexican cuisine and is often served as a main course. Other people prefer to serve it as a side dish or appetizer. This soup is so tasty and quick to put together for a last minute lunch/dinner.
One of the key ingredients in this spicy Mexican bean soup is a variety of beans, such as black beans and kidney beans.
These beans are high in protein, fiber, and other important nutrients, making the soup a healthy and filling meal. Other vegetables commonly included in the soup include onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and corn.
These vegetables add flavor, texture, and nutrition to the soup. Mexican bean soup is typically seasoned with a variety of spices, including cumin, chili powder, and garlic. These spices give the soup its distinctive flavor and add a spicy kick.
To prepare the bean soup, the beans and vegetables are typically simmered together in a broth or tomato-based sauce.
How to serve Mexican bean soup
This dish can often be served with a side of guacamole, a creamy avocado-based dip that is popular in Mexican cuisine. Guacamole adds a rich and creamy texture to the soup and helps to balance out the spicy flavors.
In addition to being served with Mexican bean soup, guacamole is used as a topping for tacos, burritos, or nachos. It is made by mashing avocados, onions, tomatoes, and lime juice together to form a smooth and creamy dip.
There are many variations on the recipe for the soup. Cooks can experiment with different types of beans, vegetables, and spices to create their own unique flavors. Some variations also include the addition of ingredients such as rice or quinoa. This can help to bulk up the soup and make it even more filling.
All year round this soup is still enjoyable since it’s a versatile dish. It is especially popular in the cooler months when the warm and hearty flavors are especially comforting.
Overall, Mexican bean soup recipe with guacamole is a delicious and satisfying meal that is sure to become a favorite for anyone who tries it. Whether you are a fan of Mexican cuisine or just looking for a new and flavorful soup recipe, you got this!
Mexican Bean Soup
- 2 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can black beans or kidney beans
- 1 tbsp. vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 small avocado
- handful chopped coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion (reserving 1 tbsp to make the guacamole later) and pepper and fry, stirring frequently, for 10 mins. Stir in the garlic and spices, then tip in the tomatoes and beans with their liquid, half a can of water and the bouillon powder. Simmer, covered, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and tip into a bowl, add the remaining onion, coriander and lime juice with a little chilli (if using) and mash well. Ladle the soup into two bowls, top with the guacamole and serve.
This dish is a great option for a quick and easy dinner. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for later use. Be sure to make it for your family and give us a shout out in the comments. We are always looking up to your kitchen experiences.